The area around the eyes is home to some of the thinnest, most delicate skin on the human body. As such, it’s especially susceptible to crinkles, lines, laxity, and a host of other aesthetic complaints. Here in our Louisville plastic surgery practice, we see many men and women alike who wish to lift, brighten, tone, or tighten their eyes. Here, check out our quick guide to the most common complaints, and get our suggestions for treating each one.
- Dark circles: Dark circles that aren’t alleviated by sleep are often caused by harmless visible blood vessels. Some laser treatments and intense pulsed light treatments, or IPL, can reduce their appearance and restore more uniform coloration beneath the eyes.
- Drooping eyelids: For lasting improvement of sagging or drooping eyelids, surgical intervention is the most trusted option. This procedure, called blepharoplasty, can be performed on the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both to remove excess skin and refine the area.
- Sparse eyelashes: We recommend an FDA-approved topical product called LATISSE® to encourage the growth of longer, thicker lashes. Simply apply LATISSE at home each night before bed. In several weeks, you’ll see increased growth of your own natural lashes.
- Under-eye hollows: Depressions beneath the eyes, sometimes called “tear troughs,” can be hereditary or may be a byproduct of aging. Both our practitioners and our patients like the look of injectable fillers in these areas. Although the results aren’t permanent, they can last for many months and be touched up as needed.
- Wrinkles around the eyes: Dynamic wrinkles such as frown lines or crow’s feet, which appear when we make a particular facial expression, can be effectively treated with either BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport®. At home, maintain your results with the acclaimed TNS® Eye Repair from SkinMedica®.
This month, we’re excited to offer a special eye rejuvenation package called the Eyes of March. When you purchase BOTOX Cosmetic for crow’s feet, a LATISSE kit, and a bottle of TNS Eye Repair, you’ll get $100 off the total cost. You can learn more about this and other invigorating springtime deals on our Specials page.