World-Renowned Breast Surgery Expertise
Dr. Calobrace is an internationally and nationally-recognized leader in aesthetic breast surgery and travels the world speaking on the subject of surgical and non-surgical aesthetics. He has participated in multiple FDA clinical breast studies and has been a consultant and speaker for Allergan, Mentor, and Sientra.
Dr. Calobrace has published extensively on the subject of aesthetic breast surgery. He co-authored the 10-year clinical FDA trials for Sientra and Mentor. Recently, his publication in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal titled “The Safety of Smooth and Textured Silicone Breast Implants” was the recipient of the Best Journal Article Paper Award for ASJ 2018. Dr. Calobrace also received the prestigious ASAPS 2018 Scott Spears Award for Best Lecture on Breast Surgery.
Women travel from all over the country to receive breast surgery and all types of aesthetic surgery from Dr. Calobrace at CaloAeshtetics Plastic Surgery. Dr. Calobrace has become one of the most recognized authorities on cosmetic breast surgery and newly designed breast implants. Dr. Calobrace has worked with the FDA and continues to support women’s’ choices which may include implant removal and reconstruction to provide beautiful breasts without implants. Dr. Calobrace publishes extensively in the journals and just completed a textbook on breast lifting with augmentation including implants or fat grafting. It is scheduled to be published in 2020.
Dr. Calobrace has been a featured "Beauty Expert" in NewBeauty magazine since 2006, and the honor has continued for more than 10 years. He has once again earned the distinction of "Top Beauty Expert."Visit his NewBeauty.com page
International Leader & Educator of Plastic Surgeons
Dr. Calobrace is also a traveling professor for the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and travels to universities around the country providing lectures and insights for upcoming plastic surgeons. Dr. Calobrace also hosts four preceptorships a year at CaloAesthetics where many plastic surgeons from around the country travel to Louisville to learn from Dr. Calobrace and observe him performing multiple breast surgeries. Additionally, he chairs the BIA-ALCL committee for The Aesthetic Society; is the clinical editor of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal; has performed live surgery at the 2009, 2014, 2016 and 2019 Atlanta Breast Symposium and the 2018 Advanced Aesthetics Meeting in St Petersburg, Russia.
Dr. Calobrace has traveled the world and this year is no exception, heading to Stockholm, Brussels, Rome, and Israel to name a few. Recent meetings have included:
- New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeon’s Annual Meeting 2019, New York, NY, October 26, 2019.
- Australian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery’s Conference 2019, Brisbane, Australia, October 4-6, 2019.
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Symposium in Brisbane, Australia, October 3, 2019.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, San Diego, CA, September 20-23, 2019.
- London Breast Meeting, London, England, September 4-7, 2019.
- Sientra Education Forum – Simply Connecting the Dots, Chicago, IL, June 14-15, 2019.
- Beauty Through Science 2019. Stockholm, Sweden, June 4-9, 2019.
- The Aesthetic Meeting 2019: ASAPS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, May 17-21, 2019.
- ASAPS Traveling Professor, Brown University, Providence, RI, April 23-24, 2019.
- New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons Meeting, New Brunswick, NJ, April 13, 2019.
- Puerto Rico Plastic Surgery Meeting, San Juan, Puerto Rico, March 29, 2019.
- ASPS Aesthetica Super Symposium, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 14-16, 2019.
- ASPS Practice Innovations, Las Vegas, NV, March 14-16, 2019.
- Thirty-fifth Annual Breast Surgery Symposium, Atlanta, GA, January 18, 2019.
- The Aston Baker Cutting Edge Aesthetic Surgery Symposium, New York, NY, November 29-December 1, 2018.
- Tel Aviv Breast Meeting, Tel Aviv, Israel, November 12-13, 2018.
- Joint North Carolina Society and South Carolina Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Scientific
- Meeting, Kiawah Island, SC, November 2-4, 2018.
- Advanced Aesthetic Breast and Body Contouring, 2018, Petersburg, Russia, October 11-14, 2018.
- 2018 QMP Aesthetic Surgery Symposium, Chicago, IL, September 14-16, 2018.
- Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, Lake Oconee, GA, August 3-5, 2018.
- Beauty Through Science, Stockholm, Sweden, June 7-9, 2018.
- Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons Meeting, New Orleans, LA, May 19, 2018.
- The Aesthetics Meeting 2018, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting,
- New York, NY, April 27 – May 1, 2018.
- Minnesota Society of Plastic Surgeons, Minneapolis, MN, April 21, 2018.
- ASAPS Visiting Professor, Univ of Minnesota and Mayo School of Medicine, Minneapolis,
- MN, April 21, 2018.
- Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons, Chicago, IL, April 14, 2018.
- 56th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons, Honolulu, HI, February 17-21, 2018.
- Thirty-Fourth Annual Breast Surgery Symposium, Atlanta, GA, January 19-21, 2018.
- HACAPA-ASAPS Aesthetic Surgery Congress, Shanghai, China, December 8-10, 2017.
- The Aston Baker Cutting Edge Aesthetic Surgery Symposium, New York, NY, November 30-December 2, 2017.
- Experienced Insights, ASAPS Breast and Body Contouring: Interaction. Involvement. Inspiration. San Francisco, CA, October 19-21, 2017.
- Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, Toronto, Canada, October 12-14, 2017.
- ASAPS Visiting Professor, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada, October 12, 2017.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting: Plastic Surgery The Meeting, Orlando, FL, October 9-13, 2017.
- ASAPS Visiting Professor, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, September 20-22, 2017.
- ASPS Breast Surgery and Body Contouring Symposium, San Diego, CA, August 10-12, 2017.
- ASAPS Visiting Professor, California Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, May 27-29, 2017.
- ASAPS Visiting Professor, South Carolina Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, Columbia, SC, May 13, 2017.
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, April 28 – May 2, 2017.
- ASAPS Visiting Professor, The 2017 Congress of the Association of Specialists in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery of Quebec, Montreal, Canada, February 17-18, 2017.
- The 51st Annual Baker Gordon Educational Symposium, Miami, FL, February 19-11, 2017.
- Thirty-Third Annual Breast Surgery Symposium, Atlanta, GA, January 20-22, 2017.
Leader in Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures
Dr. Calobrace continues to be a leader in non-surgical cosmetic procedures. CaloSpa, established in 2007, has been considered one of the largest and most successful medical spas in the United States, complementing all the surgical services provided at CaloAesthetics Plastic Surgery. In 2014, CaloSpa Lexington was established to serve women and men from Lexington, Frankfort, Somerset, and all of Eastern Kentucky. CaloSpa provides the latest and greatest medical devices and is the leading injector of fillers, BOTOX, and Jeuveau in Kentucky. The CaloSpa injector team includes Dr. Calobrace and Dr. Mays along with 7 other nurse/nurse practitioner injectors.
Apply online. Find out if you’re approved in an instant, so you can schedule your procedure without delay.
* Not valid on med spa services. Minimum purchase of $1,000Learn More