After pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding, it's normal to find yourself with a different body than you started with; especially when you've had more than one baby. While motherhood is worth sacrificing the shape of your breasts and belly, wanting to feel confident in and out of clothing again is understandable. At CaloAsthetics Plastic Surgery Center, our board-certified plastic surgeons offer mommy makeover surgery in Louisville and Lexington, KY, to do just that. They can put together a personalized combination of plastic surgery procedures to rejuvenate your breasts, your body, and your confidence with a single surgery and recovery period.
Who is a good candidate for mommy makeover surgery?
Good candidates for these combination procedures are healthy women who:
- Have multiple areas they want to improve
- Are at or near their pre-pregnancy weight
- Do not plan to have more children
We recommend waiting at least 3 months after delivery or finishing breastfeeding before having a mommy makeover to give your body time to recover and hormones to return to normal levels.
What's included in a mommy makeover?
Each mommy makeover is designed to uniquely address the patient's cosmetic needs and concerns. Popular procedure options include:
- Tummy tuck: Tightens and smooths wrinkled, lax abdominal skin and repairs stretched and separated ab muscles, accomplishing what exercise and diet alone can't do on their own.
- Liposuction: Reduces fat bulges in areas like the hips, back and thighs while helping sculpt the waist.
- Breast augmentation: Restores lost volume and evens out breasts of different sizes. Many women use this surgery as a chance to have the fuller breasts they've always wanted.
- Breast lift: Raises and reshapes sagging breasts and stretched areolas. Breast implants may be combined with this procedure to add fullness.
- Breast Reduction: Removes extra breast tissue from heavy breast while lifting the breast creating a perky lighter breast.
- Vaginal rejuvenation: Surgically repairs damage to the vagina and laxity caused by childbirth.
- Labiaplasty: Repairs stretched, torn labia or reshapes those that have always been enlarged or misshapen.
- ThermiVa®: A nonsurgical option that tightens the labia and vagina and enhances the appearance of the labia.
After talking with you about your goals and performing a physical exam, your surgeon will put together a surgical plan that is safe and satisfying for you.
The CaloMommy Plus
1 area of Liposuction
The CaloMommy Premium
The CaloMommy Deluxe
1 area of Liposuction
How long does it take to recover from a mommy makeover?
Recovery after mommy makeover surgery varies between patients and with the procedures performed. Typically, patients are ready to return to work and non-strenuous activity in 2 to 3 weeks. It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks before you can resume strenuous activity. It's important to have help around the house for daily activities and caring for babies or young children for at least the first week. Returning to work in the 2nd week of recovery with limited duties is common. Around the 3rd week of your recovery you are returning to your normal self with more energy and willingness to return to your pre-surgery lifestyle.
Are you ready to look and feel like yourself again—or better than ever—with a personalized mommy makeover? Request a consultation at CaloAesthetics Plastic Surgery Center or call (502) 899-9979 to schedule your visit.
Discover The Perks
CaloPerks is our in–house rewards program designed to help you save big on the treatments you love.Learn More