CaloAesthetics® Plastic Surgery Center
2341 Lime Kiln Lane
Louisville, KY 40222
Phone: (502) 899-9979
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
CaloSpa® Rejuvenation Center
824 Euclid Ave #100
Lexington, KY 40502
Phone: (859) 269-2256
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Saturday by appointment only
CaloSpa® Rejuvenation Center
408 LaFollette Station Dr.
Floyds Knobs, IN 47119
Phone: (812) 920-4880
Monday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday–Friday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Breast Implant Options
When it comes to choosing breast implants, our patients in Louisville and Lexington, KY, have a range of options. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. M. Bradley Calobrace understands that each patient is a unique individual with her own anatomy, cosmetic goals, and lifestyle. That’s why he doesn’t limit his patients to a single implant product line but instead offers a variety of the latest FDA-approved breast implants—some only available to select board-certified plastic surgeons—from a range of manufacturers.
If you’re interested in breast augmentation, visit us to learn more about all of your breast implant options and how Dr. Calobrace can improve your look. Request a consultation online or call us at (502) 899-9979.
Enlargement - Silicone
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
How Do I Choose My Breast Implants?
Dr. Calobrace offers a variety of breast implant options to give each patient highly personalized, natural-looking results. During your consultation, he will review the following choices with you:
- Size: Dr. Calobrace will recommend a breast implant size (which may differ for each breast) by accounting for your cosmetic goals, existing breast tissue, body proportions, and lifestyle.
- Fill Material—Silicone vs. Saline: Each type offers its own advantages. Saline is natural, and affordable, and the volume is adjustable. Silicone looks and feels more like natural breast tissue.
- Shape—Round vs. Teardrop: Round implants add overall fullness to the breast including the cleavage area. Teardrop implants follow a natural breast shape with more fullness at the bottom and less at the top.
- Surface—Smooth vs. Textured: Smooth implants move around easily and naturally within the breast. A textured implant surface helps teardrop implants stay properly oriented inside the breast with the thinner end at the top and fuller end at the bottom.
- Profile—Low, Moderate, or High: Implant profiles define how far the implant (and therefore the breast) projects from the chest wall. High profile implants project the farthest, have a narrow base, and are well-suited for small-framed patients. Low profile implants project the least and have a wider base that fits patients with broader chests. Moderate profile implants are neither extreme, making them a good fit for the majority of patients.
At CaloAesthetics® Plastic Surgery Center, breast augmentation patients have these options available in several product lines that include implants not readily available elsewhere.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
We provide our breast augmentation patients with post-operative care instructions to ensure they care for their implants to achieve the best results possible. If you have undergone breast augmentation with smooth breast implants, we have provided a timeline of recovery, written post-operative instructions to follow, and a video illustrating how to perform a breast massage after breast augmentation with smooth implants to reduce scar tissue and improve results.
Smooth Breast Implant Post-Operative Care Instructions
- FDA–approved for ages 18 and older
- Outside edges contour toward the chest for a natural look
- Leaks or ruptures are immediately obvious
- Does not contain silicone gel
- Requires a smaller incision than with silicone implants
- Results look and feel more natural than saline implants
We are one of the few practices in Kentucky to offer this innovative saline implant option.
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Sientra® Breast Implants
Choosing Sientra implants means choosing some of the most scientifically advanced products in the world of cosmetic enhancement. Like other 5th generation gel implants, often called "gummy bears," Sientra implants are filled with a form-stable, high-strength silicone gel. These implants retain their shape even if they are compressed, cut, or torn. Many breast augmentation patients also prefer the material because it feels and looks more like real breast tissue and creates results that seem very natural.
My Touch MD
This free, easy-to-use program lets you access your records and documents, learn about procedures, and even upload your own photos.LEARN MORE
Sientra's textured round and shaped implants feature True Texture®, a unique texturing method that keeps the implants in place once they are inserted. Additionally, research has shown these implants carry a significantly reduced risk of capsular contracture1, an unusual complication in which an excess of hard scar tissue forms around an implant. These innovative implants even come with a one-of-a-kind guarantee protecting patients against capsular contracture.
Financing Options for You
Choose the financing option that best suits your needs. Apply online and learn immediately if you’re approved.
*Minimum purchase of $200Learn More
Are Breast Implants Safe?
Very rarely, textured implants have been associated with the development of BIA ALCL (Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma). The benefits of texture must be weighed against this very rare development to determine the implant for each patient. Smooth implants have NO association with BIA ALCL.
Natrelle® Implants by Allergan
The Natrelle line of breast implants includes silicone and saline options in a range of sizes, profiles, shapes, and projections for beautiful, natural-looking results.
At CaloAesthetics® Plastic Surgery Center, we are proud to be 1 of a very few practices in the U.S. to have achieved Black Diamond status, the highest level in the Allergan Partner Privileges®. We've earned this award by demonstrating an ongoing commitment to innovation, excellence, and the highest level of patient care.
- Natrelle INSPIRA® round silicone gel implants, available in 3 levels of cohesiveness (also called "gumminess"), provide a full look, especially in the upper breast.
- Natrelle® 410 anatomical (teardrop-shaped) silicone gel gummy implants enhance the natural shape of the breasts by providing more fullness in the mid to lower breast.
- Natrelle® saline-filled implants can be round or shaped for fullness without silicone.
Build My Bod™ Price Estimator
Begin adding your desired procedures or products to your wishlist to get up-to-date pricing without waiting.Get a Quote Now
Mentor® Breast Implants
Mentor implants are made in the U.S. and have been available worldwide for over 30 years. These safe, FDA–approved implants offer personalized results with many available options.
- MemoryGel® and MemoryGel® Xtra are round cohesive silicone gel implants that enhance overall breast fullness and feel very much like natural breasts.
- MemoryShape® cohesive silicone gel implants are teardrop-shaped (anatomical) to provide a natural breast silhouette. They feel soft and doughy like natural tissue.
- Mentor saline breast implants are filled with a sterile saltwater solution after they are placed inside the body. They can be round or shaped with smooth and textured surfaces.
We use a breakthrough device to enhance the consultation process our for breast surgery patients. VECTRA® 3-D is an advanced software system that produces a three-dimensional image of the patient's existing appearance plus an integral fourth dimension: an image of the expected results.Learn More
How do I know what size implants to choose?
You will not be alone when it comes to choosing your breast implants at our Kentucky center. Dr. Calobrace knows that size is one of the most important decisions to make. During your consultation, you will be able to try on implant sizers, which are silicone forms of varying sizes that can be placed in a stretchy bra. This will give you and Dr. Calobrace a good idea of the size you'd like to be. He can also use the VECTRA® 3-D imaging system to create a 3-D simulation of possible results using a digital image of your own body.
Are silicone implants safe?
Yes. Actually silicone implants were never proven to be unsafe. In 2006 (and updated again in 2011),2 the FDA re-approved the use of a new generation of silicone implants — which contained a thicker, more cohesive silicone gel — for women age 22 and older after finding no evidence linking these implants to increased health risks. Since then, implant technology has continued to advance with those that have stronger, more elastic outer coverings and a very natural-feeling silicone filling.
I have saline implants right now. Can I have them switched out for silicone implants?
Yes. While there's no need to replace implants on a particular timeline, many women want the new, more natural feel of today's silicone implants. Dr. Calobrace often performs elective implant exchange for women who want to upgrade their implants for a different shape, size, or fill material.
Will I need to buy new bras to fit my implants?
Wearing a bra specially designed for breast implants can give your breasts needed support and help your results last for as long as possible. We recommend Ipomia bras, which were developed with the help of plastic surgeons and former breast augmentation patients.
Whether you want the latest non-surgical aesthetic procedures or you desire a relaxing day spa experience, CaloSpa® Rejuvenation Center is ready to serve you.Learn More
Discover the Perks
CaloPerks is our in–house rewards program designed to help you save big on the treatments you love.Learn More
1 Stevens WG, Nahabedian MY, Calobrace MB, Harrington JL, Capizzi PJ, Cohen R, d'Incelli RC, Beckstrand M, Risk factor analysis for capsular contracture: a 5-year Sientra study analysis using round, smooth, and textured implants for breast augmentation, Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013 Nov;132(5):1115-23. doi: 10.1097/01.prs.0000435317.76381.68.
2 FDA Update on the Safety of Silicone Gel-Filled Breast Implants , https://www.caloaesthetics.com/content/uploads/2019/08/UCM260090.pdfBack to Top
It's easy to stay connected to Dr. Calobrace and our providers and discover the experiences of our actual patients.
A facelift, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a popular cosmetic surgery procedure that dramatically reduces the signs of aging… Read More
If you are contemplating a tummy tuck, you probably have several questions about the recovery stage. Most people, for example,… Read More
If you’re like many of our Louisville patients, you might be worried that you are too old or too young… Read More